During uncertain times like these, it can be all too easy to become sidetracked. After all, there is a tremendous amount happening across the country and around the world:
- The COVID-19 pandemic has infected hundreds of thousands of people and affected nearly all aspects of life.
- The United States economy, as well as the economy of countless other countries, has suffered due to the pandemic. As a result, 40 million people have filed for unemployment benefits during the past two months.
These aren’t just uncertain times, they’re downright frightening times. But as we discussed in our previous blog post, there IS opportunity in the midst of fear and uncertainty. One of the keys to taking advantage of that opportunity is to not focus on the fear.
When you focus on the fear, you give power to those things that make you afraid. That, in turn, makes it more difficult for you to do what is necessary to take advantage of the opportunity that exists.
Perhaps you are not afraid, but you’ve still lost focus. It’s easy to lose focus right now. After all, you might have lost your job, or if that hasn’t happened, you might be worried about losing it in the future. These are valid concerns, given the current climate.
But once again, you can’t focus on fear and uncertainty. Instead, you must focus on other things. Specifically, you must focus on the right things at the right time to get the right results. Below is a breakdown of this mantra:
- The right things—Rather than fear and uncertainty, these are the basics and the fundamentals of success. These are the things that help you to not only enjoy success, but also reach your full potential during the course of your journey.
- The right time—When it comes to focusing on the right things, the time to do that is ALL of the time, not just when things are going well. In fact, focusing on the right things when things aren’t going well is critical for success.
- The right results—As you might imagine, different people define these differently. What are the right results to you may not be the right results for somebody else. That’s because what one person considers to be success can be different from what another person considers to be success, and vice-versa.
In the weeks ahead, we’re going to address the “right things” in terms of the fundamentals for success, one at a time. Because at The Doepker Group, we want to help you focus on the right things at the right time to get the right results!
The Doepker Group has experience placing professionals in the Information Technology and Engineering fields, and we can place you, as well.
If you’re looking to hire exceptional candidates, then we invite you to connect with our team today and see what The Doepker Group can do for your organization.
We also invite you to click HERE to find out even more about the many services that we offer to employers.