The middle of the year is a great time to take stock of where you are right now, both in your current employment situation and your career.
Yes, the past year has been a challenging one. The main reason for this is the COVID-19 pandemic. However, multiple vaccines are available, and it appears as though the worst of the pandemic might be behind us.
This could mean a new beginning and a fresh start for your career. Unfortunately, there are some professionals who are still choosing to “hunker down” in their current situation, even if they don’t like their situation. Even if they’re overworked and underappreciated, they prefer the “devil they know,” as opposed to the “devil they don’t.”
However, this is a short-sighted mentality. Instead, you should be preparing yourself for big things for the rest of 2021 and beyond. And we’re here to help!
Specifically, we have some questions that you can ask yourself as you analyze your current employment situation:
- Do you feel engaged in your current position?
- Do you enjoy going to work every day?
- Do you even look forward to going to work?
- Do you enjoy the work that you perform on a daily basis?
- Are their duties that you do not like to perform?
- Are there additional duties or other duties that you would like to perform?
- Are you content with your current level of compensation?
- If not, what compensation level do you desire or you believe that you deserve?
- Are you happy living where you’re living now?
- Where would you like to live, if you could?
- If the right opportunity was offered to you right now, would you be willing to accept it?
- If not, why not?
- Under what conditions would you be willing to make a job change?
- Do those conditions exist at the moment?
- If not, when do you think they will exist?
As you can see, some of these questions are not easy to answer. However, the answers to these questions could be very enlightening.
That’s because those answers could point you in the direction you need to go. So answer the questions and then think about them. Are you satisfied with the answers? If not, then what must you do to achieve such satisfaction?
After answering these questions, take action! It’s been a rough year and a half, and the second six months of this year could be just what your career has been looking for.
The Doepker Group has experience placing professionals in the Information Technology and Engineering fields, and we can place you, as well.